Sunday, August 07, 2005

Author Profile : Qui-Gon Jinn

'Real' Name: Rebecca
Age: 25 (as of the 9th Sept, so almost)
Gender: Female
Global Location: Western Hemisphere
Day Job: Assistant Manager at a Video Game Store

Q1: What made you decide to start a blog like this?
I was doing a search for Star Wars parodies and the Yoda blog was linked to on nearly every site I hit. I read it and fell in love with the wee green Muppet all over again. After a hint at the late Qui-Gon Jinn being into some questionable substances, I started the Qui-Gon blog.

Q2: Why did you choose your particular character?
I've been a Qui-Gon fan since his debut. He was a powerful presence on the screen and in the JA novels, but there was still mystery behind those eyes.

Q3: Where do get ideas?
Oh, pop culture, without you, I'd be so boring! I was raised by television, movies and comics. Quoting cult classics is required by the geek code. I'm a card carrying member.

Q4: Any blogging tips and tricks?
Use a text editing programme and spell check. Also, my muses seem to speak to me only after midnight, so keep a supply of caffeinated beverages handy.

Q5: Where do you find pictures for use on your blog?
I'd like to thank Google photos and Photoshop for all my poorly produced pics. I was a veteran of Paintbrush on Windows 95. This whole Photoshop on a Mac is culture shock.

Q6: What's the last book your character read?
The Handbook for the Recently Deceased Jedi. It reads like stereo instructions!

Q7: What's the last book you read?
Does Fan Fiction count? Lots of that. The last book was Star Wars : Jedi Apprentice #4 The Mark of the Crown by Jude Watson. Yes, it's a kids book. It's also Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's past in almost, sort-of, maybe, kind-of canon.

Q8: Other hobbies/interests?
Three rabbits, Mookie Spiffles, Saffron, and Daemon. Role-playing video games. Nature stuff, like camping and fishing. Fan fiction writing. Doodling. Watching DVDs. Usually working, though.

Q9: Other blogs you work on?
Survivor : Tatooine. The occasional comment on other people's blogs. I just did a cross-over with Han Solo, JawaJuice, and Fluke Starbucker. I love to interact with my buddies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Big Brother: Naboo

Survivor: Tatooine