Tuesday, September 20, 2005

From Captain Typho's Blog - Vacation on Ansion: “It starts out pretty”


Qulun Peak
Originally uploaded by Captain Typho.
Where: Qulun Peak, Ansion.

Mood: Apprehensive.

Listening to: The sound of hammering.

Gravel pings off the top of my helmet as somewhere above me, Korto is driving another bolt into the rockface. Something sharp hits my shoulder. If I don’t think about the fact that I’m hundreds of feet off the ground, I’m okay.

Almost.

I don’t have the luxury of hugging the wall all day. People above me and below are waiting.

The dance begins again.

I shift my weight and swing away from the wall in a shaky pendulum. I feel a sickening sensation in my stomach -- there’s too much slack. For a second I’m floating in nothingness.

This is it.

This is how I’m going to die?

Read more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Big Brother: Naboo

Survivor: Tatooine